THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 27, 2007

#7 About Technology

My first encounter with computer technology happened when I was 7 years old. I was given a Commodore Plus/4 - and 'No' it wasn't a car made by Holden - it was a personal computer. Actually, it was more like a keyboard that came with a free game and joystick. I spent many countless hours playing that game 'Jack Attack'.

It was an impressive piece of technology - back then. I'd type in command codes from the manual and after 10 minutes, I had access to the piano program. "Cool" I thought - at the time. Nowadays, if I open up a file and have to wait for more than a few seconds - I start to whinge about how long it takes!

I'm losing my patience - because at the same time, I want everything to speed up! When I first connected to the internet; I was on dial up. Guess how long that lasted?? Three weeks!!! I'm on cable and have never looked back - Although, I do look forward to perhaps connecting to something even faster!!!

0 comments: